Why you make a website? What’s your purpose behind making one? These are the questions one must ask oneself before getting a business website developed. Such questions lead to self introspection and these help to get perfect answers.
It’s a fact that no business would like to make fun of self by having a funny website. Yes, your website can turn into a big joke if you don’t consider web designing that seriously. It is necessary for every business to have a website that attracts users.
Any content you place on your site is an art; be it images, content or anything. Hence, it is must that you organize it properly in such a manner that it looks professional. Here are a few things that one must consider while developing an attractive website:
This is how you can create a visually pleasing website:
- Theme: Today, everything has certain theme; be it any party, any function or any small event; theme is what is in limelight. So, your website must also have a particular theme.Think about any theme that will make website organization an easy task by means of content as well as other parts of the site. This will help to offer consistent and uniform user experience.To identify a perfect theme for your website, it is necessary to know about the website purpose as well as its overall branding. Think what visitors need from you and are you able to offer them that information, inspiration or entertainment?
Convert this objective into a theme and then see whether you need a minimalist feel or complete display of relevant elements. Choose the texture and style of icons wisely. These decisions play an important role and hence these must be consistent.
- Colours: Colours can either make or break your mood. Text, images, graphic art and background are those areas of website where colours are used the most. Colour palettes are often decided by the website theme.This is the combination of complementary colours that makes us happy. Know the importance of white space; avoid filling every negative space with objects. Some places are meant to be empty.It is necessary to leave some breathing space as this makes it easy for users to digest things easily and understand your website in a perfect manner.
- Type Face: It is one of the important aspects that must be considered while developing any website. Every font has its own personality. These are available in various forms i.e. royal script, academic type, loud ones, friendly face and more.For any website, one must choose such fonts that mix well with the website theme and colours. Most often San Serif fonts are commonly used for website text. To add contrast, Serif fonts must be used for headings and sub headings.Both Type Faces are easy to read if maintained in a perfect font size of 16px.
- Visual Content: No visitor on the internet will stay for long on any website. This can be anything i.e. for design, information and call to action or more. Visual content must be organized accordingly.Visitor’s eyes must be glued on relevant content of your site. High quality photos along with relevant content serve as a perfect match. Infographics makes websites easier to understand.Apart from this, various types of visual content include videos, charts, and other such notorious gifs. Mix up these visuals in effective manner to add life to your site.
- User-Friendly Navigation: It is necessary that visitors find it easy to navigate within the site. Those who find it difficult will leave the site quickly. So, always have a user friendly navigation pane such as drop down menu that saves your website space as well as will help your visitors to easily find out what they want.
- Responsive website: This is really important as a good website is the one that is easily accessible on each and every device irrespective of the screen size. Responsive website has the same URL and same code for each and every device.Having a responsive website ensures that your users won’t mess up using the same on different devices.
- Try to keep pop ups and ads as few as possible: It is the owner’s choice to make the ads appear on their website. Depending on the website design; these must be displayed in an appropriate manner.Never include too many ads and pop-ups that make the site a congested place. Sometimes, pop-ups may take the customers away from your site because they disturb the users when they are viewing your site with great interest.At times, this forces the visitor to close the popup as well as get away from the complete page. Hence, choose your web design wisely in such a way that very few ads can accommodate.
Conclusion: So, consider these points and then give your web developers a green hand with appropriate instructions as to how your website should be. If you wish to get a website developed from experts then get in touch with well known web development Melbourne hub MacZin where you will get expert services with proper guidance at affordable costs.